Goodykoontz Cemetery


500S 100W

Cicero Twp., Tipton Co., Indiana
 
 

Goodykoontz Cemetery is located at the northwest corner of the intersection of county roads 500S and 100W in southern Tipton County, once a part of Hamilton County.

The oldest stone is that of John C. Kelly who died July 18, 1839. He was the son of George Kelly, neighbor of Benjamin Miller who was the owner of the land at that time. The ownership passed through several families until 1887 when it was purchased by Newton J. and Lucinda Goodykoontz. In 1907 Newton and Lucinda deeded this one acre cemetery to the Trustee of Cicero Township. Since then it has been known as the Goodykoontz Cemetery even though no family member has been buried here.

Rows are numbered west to east and stones south to north.

 
 
Alphabetical Listing:

A - Z

Last Updated: June 6, 2017
This information is provided for non-commerical use only and may contain inaccuracies. Please report any inaccuracies to:
Robert Kincaid
All photographs are copyrighted by Gae Matchete/Robert Kincaid and may be used for personal use only.
 
Return to Catalog of Cemeteries of Tipton County



Web Pages Created With Cemetery DataSource Software 2013 John C. Anderson