Richardson Cemetery


 
575N 575W
Liberty Twp., Tipton Co., Indiana
 

This cemetery came into existence March 1848 with the death and burial of the infant son of Caleb and Celia Richardson, Francis Marion, two years before the land was entered from the U.S. Government by Caleb on July 6, 1848.

On April 7, 1866, Caleb and Celia deeded to the trustees of the Pleasant Grove Methodist Episcopal Church the quarter acre cemetery located on their farm. (The church was situated near the Tipton-Howard County line along present day U.S. 31.)

Sixteen children were buried here before the first adult.  Mary Ann McKay, wife of W.H. Richardson, who died in 1914 was the last person to be buried here.  Today, it is completely surrounded by farm land.

 
Alphabetical Listing:

A-Z | Cemetery Map

Last Updated:  April 2, 2012
This information is provided for non-commerical use only and may contain inaccuracies. Please report any inaccuracies to:
Robert Kincaid
All photographs are copyrighted by Gae Matchette/Robert Kincaid and may be used for personal use only.

Return to Catalog of Tipton County Cemeteries


Web Pages Created With Cemetery DataSource Software 2012 John C. Anderson